Working in Partnership for Success
At Wellington Primary School we believe that children are entitled to the highest quality education we can provide so that they can achieve their full potential.
We believe that this involves respecting children as individuals and valuing and celebrating their achievements. We aim to promote self-esteem and confidence within a caring, disciplined environment which encourages good manners and mutual respect.
We believe that you as parents have a key role in sharing your child’s learning and achievement and that your children will learn more if we all work together. Parental involvement and encouragement towards your child’s learning cannot be overestimated.
We therefore ask you to:
- Ensure that your child attends school regularly, punctually and wears appropriate clothing.
- Inform school of your child’s absence and the reason for it as soon as possible.
- Take an interest in your child’s education by discussing school experiences and supporting the school’s homework policy.
- Support the school’s policy on behaviour and inform us of any circumstances which may affect your child’s learning.
- Consider your child’s safety before and after school e.g. not entering the car park, not climbing walls etc.
We ask your child to:
- Do their best at all times.
- Be polite, kind, caring and considerate.
- To take care of equipment and the school building.
In return the school will:
- Provide an education which fulfils the National Curriculum requirements and meets the needs of your child.
- Provide a positive form of discipline.
- Provide regular communication with parents regarding your child’s education.
- Provide a safe and caring environment conducive to learning.