I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone for your help in making the re-opening of Wellington so successful. We have appreciated your cooperation with the staggered arrival and departure. It has helped everyone to feel safe on the playground.
Your children have been magnificent. They have settled into school happily and they are enjoying their learning.
Here are a few reminders to help us all during the week beginning 14th September.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
- Please remember not to arrive on the playground before 8.35 (drop off) and not the arrive before 2.55 (pick up).
- PE lessons will take place on the playground until 2.55. Therefore the playground gates will be locked until 2.55 p.m.
PE STARTS WEEK BEGINNING 14.09.2020.
- Please check the PE timetable on the website. Each class has 2 PE lessons each week. Your children must come to school in their PE kit and PE footwear on that day and remain in that kit all day.
- On Monday morning, the children should go straight to their new year group entrances.
HOMEWORK CLUBS FOR Y3, Y4, Y5, Y6
- Homework clubs begin on Wednesday 16th
- Homework club takes place every Wednesday, 3.15 – 4.15.
- How to register your child for homework club
- Please e-mail your child’s new teacher to book a place.
- Teachers’ e-mail addresses will be put onto the website again for your information.
- Walking home unaccompanied? State clearly in your e-mail if you give permission for your child to walk home at the end of homework club, unaccompanied by an adult.
- Non- attendance of registered pupils? If your child is registered for homework club, but cannot attend on a particular Wednesday, please e-mail the teacher on that day, so we know your child has your permission to leave at 3.15.
TEXT BOOKS AT HOME DURING LOCKDOWN
- The school sent home some text books in March, at the start of lockdown.
- Please return these books to school, particularly the Target Maths books. We need the books!
- The online facility Google Classrooms has been set up at Wellington.
- Staff are being trained in its use at 3.30 on 14th
- During the next couple of weeks, each child will be issued with log in details for Google Classrooms.
- Information and guidance for parents will be provided by the school.
- We will explain to the children how Google Classrooms works and we will provide the children with an opportunity to practise.
- If there is a further lockdown or if a year group bubble goes into quarantine we will be ready. Google Classrooms will provide on-line learning, which will support home schooling.
Because Covid cases are significantly increasing, most particularly in Bradford, we must all be very careful, so that everyone stays safe and the school can remain open.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me:-
Thank you for your help and support.
Year 1 Teachers:
Year 2 Teachers:
Year 3 Teachers:
Year 4 Teachers:
Year 5 Teachers:
Year 6 Teachers: