Wellington Primary School’s COVID-19 Home-School Agreement
It is important that you read through this information to your child and help them to understand the importance of the expectations that have been set out.
The school will do its best to:
- Provide an environment which has been risk assessed in response to the COVID-19 infection.
- Adhere to social distancing rules as set out by the government, as much as we reasonably can.
- Provide a curriculum that meets the needs of your child’s well-being, mental health and academic needs.
- Contact parents/carers if your child displays any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Educate the children about good respiratory and hand hygiene.
- Regularly clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Contact Public Health Bradford for the most up-to-date guidance should staff or children in your child’s ‘bubble’ show symptoms or test positive for COVID-19.
Parent / Carer
To help my child at school, I know and understand that:
- If my child, or anyone in my household, shows symptoms of COVID-19, I will not send them to school. We will self-isolate & arrange to have a test. We will follow guidelines set out by the Government. See – ‘Guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection’.
- I will let the school know the result of any test as soon as possible via telephone.
- If my child shows symptoms of COVID-19 at school, I will collect my child from school immediately.
- If my child is unwell at school, she/he will be immediately isolated from other children and staff with appropriate adult supervision if required.
- When dropping my child off and picking them up, I will adhere to social distancing rules.
- My child will need to use good respiratory and hand hygiene.
- I will not be allowed into the school without a prearranged appointment.
- If my child cannot comply with health & safety rules at lunchtime, they will need to have their lunch at home.
- If my child’s behaviour threatens the safety of others, they will need to revert to home schooling until they can be safe.
- Follow the social distancing rules in class and in the playground.
- Stay in my group all day.
- Tell an adult if I feel unwell.
- Not mix with any other children in the school.
- Follow good respiratory hygiene: coughing and sneezing into elbow or tissue (catch it-bin it-kill it).
- Follow good hand hygiene – use soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Behave well at all times to maintain the safety of myself and others.
- Follow these expectations and know that if I don’t, I will be sent home and will not be able to come back into school until I can be safe.