Wellington Primary School’s COVID-19 Home-School Agreement
The school will do its best to:
- Provide an environment which has been risk assessed in response to the COVID-19 infection.
- Adhere to social distancing rules as set out by the government, as much as we reasonably can.
- Provide a curriculum that meets the needs of your child’s well-being, mental health and academic needs.
- Contact parents/carers if your child displays any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Educate the children about good respiratory and hand hygiene.
- Regularly clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Contact Public Health Bradford for the most up-to-date guidance should staff or children in your child’s ‘bubble’ show symptoms or test positive for COVID-19.
Parent / Carer
To help my child at school, I know and understand that:
- If my child, or anyone in my household, shows symptoms of COVID-19, I will not send them to school. We will self-isolate & arrange to have a test. We will follow guidelines set out by the Government. See – ‘Guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection’.
- I will let the school know the result of any test as soon as possible via telephone.
- If my child shows symptoms of COVID-19 at school, I will collect my child from school immediately.
- If my child is unwell at school, she/he will be immediately isolated from other children and staff with appropriate adult supervision if required.
- When dropping my child off and picking them up, I will adhere to social distancing rules.
- My child will need to use good respiratory and hand hygiene.
- I will not be allowed into the school without a prearranged appointment.
- If my child cannot comply with health & safety rules at lunchtime, they will need to have their lunch at home.
- If my child’s behaviour threatens the safety of others, they will need to revert to home schooling until they can be safe.
- Follow the social distancing rules in class and in the playground.
- Stay in my group all day.
- Tell an adult if I feel unwell.
- Not mix with any other children in the school.
- Follow good respiratory hygiene: coughing and sneezing into elbow or tissue (catch it-bin it-kill it).
- Follow good hand hygiene – use soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Behave well at all times to maintain the safety of myself and others.
- Follow these expectations and know that if I don’t, I will be sent home and will not be able to come back into school until I can be safe.