On Thursday 10th December 3I visited Bradford City Football Club. The visit was part of their History topic which has been focusing on the Bradford City fire.
Following their visit the children shared some of the facts that they had learnt:
- ‘I learnt that the pitch is slightly raised in the middle so the pitch doesn’t get damaged’. Ammar
- ‘I learnt that the water runs away from the middle of the pitch and away from where the match is being played.’ Safa
- ‘I found out the seats were better in the 1911 suite’. Toby.
- ‘I learnt where the football managers sit during the match’. Thomas
- ‘I learnt that the ground has over 25,000 seats’. Chloe
- ‘The actual number of seats is 25,136, which is many more than when the tragedy occurred in 1985’. Olivia
The children had a fantastic time, gained a wealth of new knowledge and represented the school brilliantly.