Children will soon start bringing a reading book home. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 regulations, they will be unable to change these as regularly as before.
We would therefore like to signpost families toward the Oxford Owls free eBook library. It contains a range of eBooks suitable for children aged 3 – 11.
How to access the reading books – · Go to – https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/
· Register your details via the ‘Join us’ option (top right).
· Search the eBook library either by age group or by colour band (by selecting the ‘level’ tab).
· Select a book and enjoy reading!
If your child is in Key Stage 1 or 2, you will probably know which colour book band they are working on, so click on this colour band. If in doubt, please email your child’s teacher who can direct you to an appropriate choice of books for your child.
- Reading books will be issued every Monday and will be collected in every Friday morning.
- Your child will receive a new reading book each week.
- This will allow books to be quarantined from Friday morning until Monday morning, before they are issued again.
- Online resources will provide additional materials during the week.