At Wellington Primary School we believe that involving parents in the education of their children is a vital element in promoting successful learning. We therefore seek to offer ongoing opportunities for parents to work with their children at home.
- To promote communication between school and home
- To enrich children’s learning and experiences
- To consolidate learning
- To provide opportunities for independent learning
- Half termly curriculum plans should be sent home
- Books for sharing / reading with parents should be taken home daily with the child’s reading diary (introduced into Reception classes from start of Spring term)
- Spellings should be taken home at least fortnightly (Year 1 – Year 6 )
- Children in years 3, 4, 5 and 6 should be given weekly homework in English and Maths
We understand that completing work at home can sometimes be a challenge. Therefore, we do offer Homework Club for children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6. Homework Club is on Wednesdays, from 3:15pm-4:15pm. If you would like your child to attend, please email their class teacher.