At Wellington Primary School we believe that involving parents in the education of their children is a vital element in promoting successful learning. We therefore seek to offer ongoing opportunities for parents to work with their children at home.
- To promote communication between school and home
- To enrich children’s learning and experiences
- To consolidate learning
- To provide opportunities for independent learning
- Half termly curriculum plans should be sent home
- Spellings should be taken home at least fortnightly (Year 1 – Year 6 )
- Children in years 3, 4, 5 and 6 should be given weekly homework in English and Maths
We understand that completing work at home can sometimes be a challenge. Therefore, we do offer Homework Club for children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6. Homework Club is on Wednesdays, from 3:15pm-4:15pm. If you would like your child to attend, please email their class teacher.
Reading at home with your child
Books for sharing / reading with parents should be taken home daily with the child’s reading diary (introduced into Reception classes from start of Spring term).
All children have a login to Bug Club, which they can also use at home. This is a fantastic resource for supporting your child with their reading. If you do not have your child’s login details, please contact your child’s class teacher, who will be able to provide them.
Not sure what books your child might like? Click on the links below for some ideas.